Re: Re: [Harp-L] A Practical Guide to the Harmonica Holder

As the current manufacturer of the ergonomic neck rack, what price range do you all feel is fair for it? I've heard several comments from members that they think it's a great neck rack but that it's on the pricey side. So what do you all think is a fair price? Also are there any additional options that you would like to see? I was toying with the idea of coming up with a harp holder that would let users put more than one harp on at a time so they could just rotate it around to the one that they wanted to use.

Chris
www.blowyourbrassoff.com

An interesting roundup harp racks, but you omit the now defunct Blues Tools
version that offered locking joints at the main pivot point plus the option to
change the angle the harp addressed the mouth. The ergonomic harpholder is
very similar.   The only defect of the Blues Tools rack has is that its bracket
it too narrow -- it won't hold a XB40 -- just the conventional 10-hole
diatonics. It cost about $30 -- I think.

Also, you omit the K & M   ($30), which offers a sturdy, locking pivot joint.

Like the Blues Tools, it is flat black, but the harp holder spring apparatus
is wider than the Blues Tools. I bought mine at SPAH a few years ago. I don't
know if it is still on the market. But it is a sturdy model compared to the
standard coathanger versions with a thumbscrew that never holds.

Vern Smiths ergonomic harp rack is the best one on the page. The only thing
holding it back from universal appeal is the price. Not that it isn't worth
every penny. But many find it pricey at $200.

Check the K & M out at the page below:

http://www.harpexpr ess.com/index1. html?c17. html&1

The Lee Oskar and Hohner model shown on the page appear stronger than the
older style coathanger racks -- but they don't appear that they really compare
with the K & M rack, which has large twist tightening knobs on both sides of the
pivot point.

Hope this helps
Phil