[Harp-L] Fwd: Original Hohner Pro Harp/painted covers

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Date: January 31, 2009 1:54:07 PM GMT-05:00
To: Richard Hammersley <rhhammersley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Original Hohner Pro Harp/painted covers

Richard,

i think the LOs are tuned to A444. Suzukis are tuned to A442. i'm not sure about Hohners. Dave Payne told me Seydels are spec'd at A444 but all the ones he tested on a tuner were A442.

i still have a set of 14 LOs i bought when they first came out. I think are tuned to A444 and 6 cents sharp which is how they were advertised at the time, if i recall correctly. Back then i really wasn't sure what that actually meant. I had to stop using them because keyboard players would complain that i was out of tune in certain keys.

JP

RH writes:

Let's not forget that Lee Oskars are tuned A441, which is slightly
sharper than A440.