[Harp-L] Retuning Kit - making a homemade one

ok, so, my paypal wasnt where i thought it was
need to save a few bucks to get into retuning my harmonicas

figured the money is best spent on a cheap set of harps and the chromatic tuner.

so, im trying to build a basic retuning & gapping kit.

-->  I cut open one of those CD security thingies, and sure enough, the promised 3 metal shims were there, 2 long thinner ones, and one slightly thicker shorter one.

--> having done some jewelry work, I have a couple small precision fine files

--> I have a small triangle file ground at the end on an angle like a chisel.

Can anyone tell me if they think this is sufficient, and what else i might add (home-made or dollarstore procured) ?

Also..... I need to tune Up the 3 Blow.  I cant find a Youtube Video on this.  Anyone know of one on Youtube, Metacafe or somewhere?  I saw one in another language for lowering on the draw I think.  But nothing on the Blow notes.

Lastly, is there anywhere that suggests how much you can retune a particular Key without replacing reeds?  I mean, If I wanted to make a circular tuned G for example, are there any places where i need to lower o much I'd use a weight (solder) and can you use anything besides Solder (epoxy puddy, like liquid metal or something?)

Thanks again

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses