[Harp-L] Dentures affecting harp

The problem that can occur is not so much with the denture per se but any changes made in the future. I had extensive work done (which included a new fitting/denture/implant, etc) years after I began playing and the new tighter -better fitting appliance really screwed up my playing nuances (until I got used to it of course). True story about a jam in the East Village of NYC: Once during a solo (I believe a crescendo) my upper permanent bridge cracked in half and (although probably looking like I swallowed a hand grenade) I continued the solo too embarrassed to embarrass myself by stopping. Is that dedication or shame? Signed: the harp player with the worst teeth in North America. d p.s. I'm playing Ashford and Simpson's Sugar Bar on West 72nd street tonight at 9 if anyone is in this Manhattan vicinity.
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues