From: Robert Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] I agree with Winslow
To: "Nicholas Lovett" <lovett.nicholas@xxxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 4:52 AM

How can you be a PRO and book gigs that people would want to hear you at?

I maybe be wrong but I'm assuming you are White, and REAL blues lovers like
yourself only want to hear the 'real deal' or to put it in your words
"none of that white boy crap".

So all of your practice is for naught......and what does Winslow have to do
with any of this?

You will NEVER really be a Bluesman if you see only things in only Black Vs
White.....

Good luck,
Rob Paparozzi

On 7/1/09 7:57 PM, "Nicholas Lovett" <lovett.nicholas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you want to talk about something else Elizabeth, post a topic.  Don't
> banter off a laundry list of irrational accusations at me because i'm trying
> to pick people's brains.  God forbid I use the word "pro", I just want to be
> one, and try to book gigs, that's all.   What's alarming about this list is
> that people don't try to ask people like Winslow questions.  This is what
> alarms me about the scope of the "serious" harmonica community, not the fact
> that 94 percent of harmonica enthusiasts dig tube amps and the Great Little
> Walter.  Little Walter is up there with Hendrix and Charlie Parker, perhaps
> more important given the range of influence that continues today.  As for the
> overblowers, I refer you to the title of a great Jerry McCain album, "Black
> Blues is Back" haha. None of that white boy crap for me, no thank you.  Kind
> of makes me sick considering that Butterfield probably made 100 times more
> money than Robert Lockwood, Willie Johnson, Robert
>  Nighthawk, Luther Tucker and Jody Williams combined.

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com