[Harp-L] Route 66 Harmonica Club of Tulsa Meeting, July 7, 2009.

The Route 66 Harmonica Club of Tulsa will meet at 6:00 P.M., Tuesday, July
7, 2009 at the Western Country Diner, 1905 S. Sheridan Road, Tulsa,
Oklahoma.

There will be a substantive business meeting beginning at 6:00 P.M. Several
important resolutions have been forwarded by the Executive Board which
require club attention.  Details of these resolutions can found on the club
website at http://www.r66hc.blogspot.com <http://www.r66hc.blogspot.com/>
under "Minutes
<http://r66hc.blogspot.com/2009/06/minutes-of-executive-board-meeting-june.h
tml>  of Executive Board Meeting, June 12, 2009 .

At approximately 6:30 P.M., the educational program of the meeting will
begin. This month's program is a workshop titled, "Figuring Out Problem
Riffs and Licks."  Three of our best players, Dave Berntson (The Duo-Sonics,
well known teacher, professional musician), Mike Peace (Jennifer Marriot and
Odd Sheep Out, The Dinosaurs, etc.) and Gary Eldridge (the "Overeducated"
band) will assist members of the audience in figuring out how to approach
problem licks and riffs. In order to participate, club members desiring
panel assistance must provide either a CD or MP3 copy of the music in
question or be able to perform it on guitar or another instrument
sufficiently for the panel to figure out the chord changes, melody line,
attempted rhythm, etc. A "spare" guitar will be provided by the club.

One of our members has donated an autographed copy of Adam Gussow's Jam
Tracks Vol. I which will be raffled off during the meeting.  A donation of
two dollars or more to help defray the costs of the meeting buys a raffle
ticket.

At approximately 7:30 P.M. the open mic jam will begin. All players of all
skill levels and all types of harps are encouraged to participate and while
the genre' is usually blues, country, gospel, standards, jazz and hymns are
all welcome.

Please show your appreciation for our meeting host by purchasing dinner or
dessert. And don't forget that our faithful guitarist, Robert Smith appears
at the WCD every Thursday night as lead guitar player and vocalist with his
group, The Mixed Company Band.