[Harp-L] Re: Non-apology

What you mean is you want the music to be authentic, but that doesn't mean
you need to be racist about it. This whole thing reminds me of two great
quotes.

The first one was Ray Charles who I recall reading had said, "A lot of folks
think that black folks are born with natural rhythm, but that's bullshit. A
lot of black folks can't swing for shit."

The other one was Miles Davis when he was criticised heavily for having
white piano player Bill Evans in his outfit instead of a black man. Davis
replied, "If you can find a black guy who plays better I'll hire him."