Re: [Harp-L] Frequencies for Wireless?

Personally, I would not buy a system that was not to some degree frequency agile - can be switched between several frequencies; otherwise, if someone is using your frequency, you are SOL.

If you have to get a system that is capable of only one frequency, you would be well advised to stay away from VHF systems (<300 Mhz.) These frequencies are the oldest, are heavily used and interference can come from a long ways off.

2.4 Ghz is better than VHF, but is also heavily used by other devices, such as wireless access points and telephones. I used 2.4 Ghz for some years and only once ran into a conflict.

I just acquired a 900 Mhz system. Little experience with it. The band is not as heavily used as 2.4 Ghz.

Within these bands, you are unlikely to find frequencies that are better or worse than others. Interference would be due to local sources. If you get a single-frequency system, test it out at your usual venues right away.

-LM