Re: [Harp-L] Paul Butterfield, interesting options...

There was a Live two album set that hasn't, I believe, ever made it to CD, that captured so much more - jazz influences included - excitement than his studio work.

That was the Butterfield Blues Band Live. It was finally reissued on CD but it was a Rhino Handmade reissue and there were only 2500 copies ever made. For my money all of the really good stuff on that recording was reissued on vinyl. The Golden Butter compilation had Driftin' and Driftin' and love Train and a couple of other tunes off the live recording. I have that as well as the Rhino reissue. I just play the vinyl. fjm