Re: [Harp-L] Re: Teeth Implants

Hi John,
Implants are expensive to begin with, for the labs to buy and for the patient.
Labs make very little. Dentists charge anywhere from 700% to 1000% markup.
You are paying more for the procedure then the dental appliance.

Depending on how bad your teeth are you can have permanent bridge work put in to replace the
missing teeth. Of course if your other teeth are on their way out you may need full mouth reconstruction.

I know you discussed losing your home. Does the UK offer free dental health insurance or aren't implants covered?

You want to avoid discount dental labs and dentists in counties high in poverty. They take short cuts in services and may use
materials that are unsafe such as lead. Many dentists in the US have used these offshore labs only to be
sued later because their patients ended up with lead poisoning. Dentists in other countries have taken advantage of these
offshore labs as well.

Would it make you feel better to know John Mayall wears a partial denture.

Mike