Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Karma Sutra

I think we are talking past each other.

The "standard" C scale is C D E F G A B C.
On a G harmonica without bending you get C D E F# G A B C. the F# is in draw
hole 7 so you might be able to bend it to F.
Now unless I want to go out of the standard scale with bends why would I use
this?

I use second position so that I can have the flat 7 as well as be able to
easily bend down the 3rd and 5th. So I am departing from the "standard"
scale.

So what specifically do you gain in the 12th position? A flat 5th? So it
might have advantages for blues but what is the advantage over 2nd position?

Again I am exploring not criticizing.

Derwood