From: Clifford Bernard <lilcliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:11:41 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Seydel Sailor Tremolo harp vs. Hohner 2409 Tremolo harp

Good morning:
Does anybody have any experience with Tremolo harmonicas as far as tuning?
For many years I have been using the Hohner 2409 Key of C  for tunes in G
major that I try to get that Cajun/Accordion flavor incorporated into. It
works very nicely. I thought I would give the Seydel Sailor a try, as it was
considerably lower in cost, and was recommended by a Seydel dealer as being
"equal" to the Hohner 2409. It plays very well, and is nice and bright, very
good response with little breath effort, but unfortunately the tuning is not
the same. It seems decidedly minor on the draw cords. Anybody have any
suggestions to another Seydel or alternate brand tremolo harp that would
match the tuning of the Hohner? (or do I need to learn to navigate the new
tuning pattern?) The 2409 has gotten pricey, and they don't seem to hold
tune as well as in the past. Thanks for your input.

Lil' Cliff Bernard
lilcliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: 516-639-2339/Fax: 516-294-3448
www.lilcliff.com