Re: [Harp-L] Re: Teeth Implants

Interesting..... I can go to Delhi to replace the incisor caps that I am afraid to blow off when I do the 2Ânote bend /trill on DeFord Baileys' 'Old Hen Cackle'. On another note,ÂI thought imporant people wrote e-mails on their I-Phone .:-)

----- Original Message -----
From: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx
To: "kenneth d" <kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:50:19 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Teeth Implants

What is this? ÂTooth-L? Â Â;>)

In a message dated 7/9/2009 12:45:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Â
kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Michael ÂEaston wrote:
>The downside is cost. ÂIf your student plans on Âbeing around another
>20+ years and has the money Âhave
>them Âgo for the implants.

I had nine teeth removed from the back of my mouth Âearlier this
year. ÂFrankly it hasn't been anywhere near as lousy as Âyou'd
imagine. ÂHeck, I'd almost recommend it.

I started Âlooking into implants at once. ÂIn LA the average cost was about
$4K Âper implant. Â$36K to replace mine? ÂOn a harmonica player's Âsalary?

So I checked around and found out that a couple of friends had Âjust gone
Delhi to do some 'medical tourism.' ÂThat is, the wife Âneeded both hips
replaced. ÂIn LA she was quoted as high as $140K and Ânot much lower and
she
has the same crummy insurance everyone else Âhas. ÂThey did some research
and found that in Delhi should could get Âthis work, highly recommended,
for
about $15K.

While they were Âthere, her husband got a great deal of dental work, which
had been quoted Âas being over $20K in LA. ÂHe got it for under $3K in
Delhi.

Both Âmy friends had incredible experiences, and what is turning out to be
superlative work. ÂHis American dentist took a look at all the dental Âwork
in his mouth and proclaimed it to be first rate. ÂAll in the Âcame back to
LA about $20K lighter, but she can walk again and he can chew Âhis peanuts.

Well, my friends put me in contact with the Delhi dentist, Âwho looked at
my
Xrays (yay for digital Xrays) and quoted me a price of Â$1K per
implant. Â$9K is doable for me. ÂBut there are issues, Âbecause you don't
just walk in bare and walk out with implants. ÂThe Âstems have to be
implanted in your jaw and then you have to wait for a Âsignificant period
before the final teeth are put in. ÂI can't stay Âin Delhi for months, I'm
an important man with emails to write. Â There is some possibility of doing
the posts and having the actual Âimplants made in India, and then having my
LA dentist perform the Âinstallation some months later.

But I have recently heard --- this Âcould be total baloney --- that up in
Utah dentists charge about a grand Âan implant. ÂI'd way prefer going to
Utah.

Anyone know about Âthis?

**************Dell Studio XPS Desktop: Save up to $400 - Limited Time Offer
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222466512x1201463496/aol?redir=htt
p:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D3)