[Harp-L] RE: Women Harp/Vocalists

My vote: Annie Raines, a great harp player AND a great vocalist.

Not the least reason: I've seen her and Paul LIVE twice, and she is like fine wine-she definitely has improved with age! Beautiful, talented, smart, and a heck of a lot of fun to be around. She had the Virginia Harmonica Fest rocking along with her in a matter of minutes at her seminar. In spite of some difficulties with the sound system, in their show, she stayed cool on stage through it all until it was straightened out. And she blows some of the wickedest blues I've ever heard!

I'll be forever grateful that Tom McCraig began scheduling blues acts and diatonic artists into the VA Harmonica Fest. The 2009 event was the first time that I felt that the Tidewater blues community finally got together with the older chromatic community. I credit Tom's masterful choice of acts for that happening.

I can hardly wait until next year!

Regards,
Crazy Bob