[Harp-L] Internet Piracy

I would suggest that you authors on the list google your book titles and
look for distributors that are not in the normal distribution chain for your
publisher.

Also, I was approached by an author a while back who discovered that her
book had sold hundreds maybe even thousands of copies outside the royalty
paying distribution chain agreed to by her publisher.  Her small, private
label publisher had actually done a second press run without her permission
and was selling that run into the retail distribution chain without paying
her the royalties!  This author found out about her publisher's actions when
she saw a copy of her book for retail sale in a local book store in her
rural Oklahoma home town long after she thought that she had accounted for
the distribution of the entire press run.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK