Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci Revue from Orlando Blues Society - OBBS

Like anything else, it's a matter of taste. Jason is the first guy to come along, throw grenades, but then have the decency to let the red cross come in and clear up all the dead and wounded.

A lot of the other players assault you from the get-go and never let up...BIG mistake. A lot of younger players are doing it.

In the words (paraphrased) of the famous Mike Easton: "Sometimes you are fixing something and you get to a point where you are trying so hard, you actually wind up UN-fixing it"

It's like this last cruise I was on. I had this veal Milanese. There was NO way you could ever get a better dish if you searched the entire planet and plunked down $1,000.oo or more. After the meal, I contemplated suicide. Why? Because I had nothing left to live for.
I have had meals at fancy FAMOUS restaurants and they OVER did the food. Too many garnishes, too many Chach-kies. But the taste wasn't there. I see the same with some famous artists. Too plastic. Jason is the real deal.

Disclaimer: (admittedly) Jason IS an acquired taste.

smo-joe

p.s. There have been numerous times over the years where someone has posted a comment on their performance(s). As far as I can recall, and I can recall a lot, NONE have been negative. So this one sorta was. So what. I don't see the author as some Ghandi of the harp world.