Re: [Harp-L] Re: JASON RICCI CONCERT -

SMOJOSOJE sez:

I take it (by your own wording) that if you are not enamored with Jason, and you state as such, you are brave. And if you defend? Then what? .... evarb?Â

Don't try to read too deeply between the words and come to conclusions based on your filters -

I think Jason is great. Love his commitment, passion, and the road he braved to get where he is today (personally and professionally). His full frontal attack style of original music doesn't do it for me. I don't like it.

What I applauded was the brave posters (I believe they may have even been lurkers until speaking their mind - but, I'd have to check on that before claiming it as gospel) who found the courage to state that they weren't a fan of "gushing" posts and perhaps Jason's music didn't appeal to them. You may notice that some artists have such a fanatical fan base that these fans will aggressively attack anyone that doesn't share their fervor. Sometimes this is even to the embarrassmentÂof said artist. I've seen it on the "L" many times. I dare say that it keeps a few of the more timid lurkers from expressing their own opinions - pity.

The internet is the great playing field leveler where anyone can join in. Unfortunately, some presumptuous experts and some fanatical fans make it miserable for "commoners" to join in by attacking their opinions or insisting that, for validity, the game must be played according to someone's rules - pity.