[Harp-L] RIP?

   Given the Burr Oak Cemetery scandal (an estimated 300 hundred buried
bodies dug up and dumped so the burial plots could be sold again), some list
members may be wondering if any deceased African-American harmonica players
from Chicago are "resting" there.  Little Walter, Big Walter, Junior Wells,
and John Lee Williamson are all buried elsewhere.  I'm not sure about the
legendary Rhythm Willie.  I've emailed Scott Dirks to see if he has any
knowledge of who could have been buried on these grounds.
   Burr Oak was Chicago's first African-American cemetery and many
celebrities are theoretically still under the ground there; including Willie
Dixon and Dinah Washington.

Mick Zaklan