[Harp-L] Left to die like a Fox on the 48 chord

Well, trying to play Fox on the Run on the 48 Chord for Thurs at the Texas Roadhouse. Very fast, average 1 chord change per measure or so... Here's the chord changes for just ONE verse:.. G, D, Am, C, Am, D, C, G, D, Am, C, Am, D, C, G, C, G...

 here's the chorus C, G, D, G, C, G, A7, D, C, G, D, G, C, G, D, G.
If you're not familiar with the song, here it is, you can see the chord changes on the guitar.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62-RXsTqS2o

This is madness, I say, but I'm doing it, cause it sounds awesome on the 48 chord. It's bearable on the major harp, but that fast D to Am chord is tricky and it's even worse to go from the Am all the way up and over to the C, which is about 70 feet from the Am.. That C might as well be on the moon for how hard it is to hit off the Am that fast and then recover to make an immediate jump to the D, then jump back to the C, all far apart. The only way I can manage it (Wally Peterman, please skip to next paragraph) is to put a finger to the left of the C and another to the right of the Am. Thus, when I hit a finger, I know it's time to stop and blow.

(Wally Peterman, resume reading here:)
I've got all those chords on my homemade 12 chord - the retuned prewar Vinetta and stock new Vinetta combo - It would be much easier to get that down on the 12 by Thurs, but I would not look as cool and manly as I would with the 48 and I don't think the cop out will make me a better chord player.

So, any suggestions?

Dave

Footnote: Here's what the song was like before we bluegrassers got hold of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXf3QttUPlI
Elk River Harmonicas
specializing in mojoriffic American Chestnut
www.elkriverharmonicas.com