Fwd: [Harp-L] Looking for new ideas

Begin forwarded message:

From: Grant Walters <grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 13, 2009 6:30:09 PM PDT
To: ravivona@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Looking for new ideas

How about
Curtis Salgado /soulful R&B/
Andy Santana (souldriver phase) always knew how to make em dance../ roots R&B
Andy Just knows how to rock...or just check out the Blue Rocket label stuff..Pat Ford has an ear for rockin harp (
Who was the guy who played missionary man.

but I listen to Van Morrison and learn the Horn lines..if you have a good singer...everybody seems to love the songs.
Listen to Pee Wee Ellis or David Fathead Neuman and learn the sax approach.
I have not mastered this by any means but find that if I keep it in the background...it gets away from the "too much harp"syndrome. Is there such a thing?
Funk Harp...would love to hear that...play the Low D and play background Baritone sax parts (background parts/short blasts)
War was pretty funky.

You are gonna be too cool.

Grant