[Harp-L] RE: Ten New Playalongs for Spiral (Circular) Tuning

> Hi guys!
> It took me more than a year to write and produce ten playalongs > and write a well-founded school for the spiral tuning but now it's > done. I tried to explain different techniques and styles easy enough > for anyone to understand.>
> The school is written in German so it won't be of any help for those > of you who accidentally don't speak that language :-). But fortunately > music is our lingua franca and you may recognize the potential of the > spiral tuning especially in its double function as a solo and > accompanying instrument by listening to the playalongs - I certainly > would be pleased very much if you would take some interest.
>> http://www.bluesharmonica.de
>> Greetings,
> Heiner

Heiner,

I really like your web site. It's very helpful for those just becoming  interested in spiral (circular) tuning. I'm interested BUT...

Perhaps it's a holdover from Steve Baker's Harp Handbook, but it  seems (on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean) that most people  know this tuning as Seydel's Zirkular (Circular) Tuning. Perhaps  in Germany it is most often referred to as spiral tuning. Regardless,  I really love this tuning and play it exclusive since Seydel offered it  commercially.

Is there a much larger market in Germany than in the English-speakingcountries for information on playing this tuning? Your English writingseems perfectly clear to me. Perhaps that would be a more lucrative  market for you. My ancestors (approximately 5-6 generations back)  came from Germany to the USA, but any ability to speak or read  German has been lost. (I took one year of "French" in high school;  it was the only language offered other than English. I really HATED  the class because it was so obvious that North Carolina "French"  had very little in common with actual French; I refused to take a  second year of it. I would have taken German if it had been available.)
Perhaps someone like David Payne of Elk River Harmonicas could help  with an English language version. (Sorry, Dave, for "volunteering" you,  but you're the only one I know who makes a practice of translating stuff  from German to English who is also a skilled harmonica player.)

I'm interested, but at 25 Euros (currently $34.80 USD) from Harponline,  plus shipping and handling, that's very pricey (to ME) for buying just  10 playalong tracks (since I can't read the accompanying text).

Wishing you great success!
Crazy Bob
Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Spread the word when you add celeb photos to your e-mails. Check it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_celebrity_photos1_072009&cat=celebrity