[Harp-L] Sugar Blue MP3 on Amazon

Can't believe what i just found on Amazon at the following address:

http://www.amazon.com/Another-man-done-gone/dp/B0014CYVIA/ ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1247629384&sr=301-1

It's an MP3 album titled "Another Man Done Gone" which consists of all the cuts from Sugar Blue's two French albums originally released in vinyl during the early 1980s in France on the Blue Silver label, under the titles "Crossroads" and "From Chicago to Paris." Absolutely great stuff that has not been readily available in the U.S. (or anywhere else, for that matter).

These 2 albums were released on a single CD in France in the early 1990s called "From Paris to Chicago" and in Italy on a single CD called "Paris Blues" both of which are out of print. There was a Japanese release with the same cuts under the title "Another Man Done Gone" on Columbia which may not be out of print, but is almost impossible to find.

Anyway, the tunes are on this MP3 album are all the cuts from the 2 French albums that were so critically acclaimed but have been long out of print. Absolutely great stuff. If you've never heard this material, it's definitely worth a listen. This is the stuff that made me a die hard Sugar Blue fan. Better than his Alligator releases, and it has the original versions of a couple of the better tunes from his latest CD. This is the material Adam Gussow raves about on one of his YouTube videos, and are my favorite Sugar Blue recordings.

I'm excited that this stuff is now readily available, even if only in MP3 format. If the limk doesn't work, just search for "Sugar Blue Another Man Done Gone" on Amazon.

Very sophisticated harmonica playing and well worth a listen, whether you like SB or not. Highly recommended.

JP