Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] how much was a marine band when you started?

Excuuuuuuuuuuse me?!!  There ARE some Scots on the list ye ken?  Who find the skirling of the pipes tae be soul-stirring, musical and still a call tae arms, ma good man. Why d'ye think some of us took up mouth-organ? ..Especially Hohner Echoes?

So we could duplicate the sounds of our beloved pipes!

Har yersel'  ;)

(j/k)

Elizabeth

----------------
Yer dam tootin'

Clan MacKenzie here.

I can also wear MacNaughton if I desire, and Campbell too, but wouldn't be caught sprawled in hog muck in that weave. =8^D

I have my Gr Gr Grfathers kilts in very heavy tartan.  From the mid 19th C. incl. velvet vest and coat, Dress horsehair sporran, eagle-feather tam  the "whole 9 yards."  But usually wear newly woven cloth.  That ancient heirloom stuff is getting tender.

Plus multiple blades, all battle ready of course.

I'd be delighted to share a wee dram with ye.  Anytime!

But ye can keep yer haggis.

How aboot tha Hohner Highlander?

http://www.hohnerusa.com/index.php?1548

PEACE