Re: [Harp-L] RE: how much was a marine band when you started?

My first harps were free (beginning May 1970, I found 'em or scrounged 'em), but finally in 1971 I paid $3.68 for a $3.75 Marine Band (C I think) at a Silver Springs, MD music store.   The discrepancy in price is because all I had was 368 pennies as I was hitching out of DC and needed a harp.

My first "harmonica book" was in 2009, Winslow Yerxa's Harp for dummies.

I'm certainly qualified for that book.

-Dave Fertig