From: BluzeHarp@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: cord for crystal mic

According to an acquaintance who manages a large music  store, a well known
cable manufacturer did some homework on  the subject of length vs signal
loss in Hi-Z applications.  They found in  some applications at 20 feet the

signal deterioration becomes unacceptable.  .....clip....... your cable
should be no more than 18' 7"  (according to the above mentioned
manufacturer).  At the time, this company was indeed selling cables of 18.5
feet, looking at current offerings this is no longer the case.  My guess is
that this was a marketing decision, that they lost sales to those offering a
20  or 21 foot cable.  For critical recording purposes the cable should be
much  shorter, maybe 10 feet.....clip.....