Re: [Harp-L] VST Amp Modelers

I'm expecting new version of Magix Samplitude with its internally built-in plugin called Vandal - i guess it will be possible to acquire it separately as a VST, etc. People say it's so huge that one can easily forget about the analog amps when recording.

You can check it out here:
http://vandalamps.wordpress.com/

Alex

>>> "jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx" <jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx> 21/07/2009 07:43 >>>
Have any of you used software based amplifier modelers for recording.  Most, ok all, of these are designed for guitar.  There are several really well know commercial versions like, Amplitude and GuitarRig.  There are also some freeware VSTs that I have used on harmonica with decent results.  I am also intrigued by using non-traditional amps in modeler form.  For instance a 100 watt Marshall stack would not be great from a feedback standard but using a VST on a computer you can get what it would sound like sans noise.  I have heard some great sounds from hardware based modelers but it would be cool to hear peoples experiences with software based ones.  The amp VST that I use is called Aradazamp White.  I combine it with a delay plugin and it sounds pretty nice.  There is also a nice freebie called Rednef.  It is nice too if I remember.  Crazy name but read it backwards and you will see what it is going for.  I use these in Music Creator which is a home consumer version of Son!
 ar.  If you record using a software based system that can use VST plugins, you should try it.