Re: [Harp-L] Re: cord for crystal mic

 Jim Rossen wrote:

<My bandmates write for Premier Guitar, an on-line gear mag.  They
<tested many medium and high end guitar cables recently and I was able
<to try different cables.  I was a doubter, but am now convinced that
<there are differences in the sound of different cables in qualities
<like warmth, clarity, smoothness, and treble/bass balance that were
<discernable with harmonica.  The differences were comparable to those
<with different preamp tubes.  No doubt the differences could be
<reduced by tone control adjustment etc.  I use a Planet Wave cable
<with silent switch built into the phone plug from that collection
<which has more clarity than my previous Belden industry standard
<cable.

This is very interesting.  About a decade ago Electronic Musician magazine tested a wide range of 1/4" guitar cables and concluded that there was practically zero difference in the sound, even between Radio Shack cables and high-end cables.

Is the article your friends did for Premier Guitar available online?

Thanks, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter