[Harp-L] Mic impedance into a PA

If I plug a Hi-Z mic direct into the PA, it acts as an unbalanced Low- Z signal. Am I right?

If I am would it be better to use an XLR-XLR lead, or use the channels instrument socket and use an XLR-Jack lead?

If I used a DI box and ran the mic into that then into the PA it would be a balanced Low-Z signal. Am I right?

Would either way be of benefit tonally to the mic and it's frequency curve?

The reason I'm asking is because tomorrow I have a sit in on a local gig, but as it's only for a couple of tunes I would rather go direct into the PA than take my amp.

I plan on taking a Shure 545SD wired to Hi-Z, I also have an RE10 (that obviously is Low-Z so is fine) that I may also take.

But I think as it's an unknown situation the 545SD may be a better choice with the on/off switch. Just in case the feedback monster raises it's ugly head.

Paul