RE: [Harp-L] missing 10 draw (E) reed on Lee Oskar G harp

> Why don't you just have Smo-Joe cut one from a razor blade or a band-aid box?

> Seriously, maybe just find someone with a used G harp...

My boneyard is all hohner and hering.

Smo-Joe's resourcefulness (not just salvaged metal reeds but making a 7 hole
from a crushed harp) has inspired me. If he could make a reed out of a bullet
I can at least TRY to get an LO to take a Hohner reed. sign of eco times
that I am hesitant to spend $15 on a spare part that I prob won't use.

It was a C reed off a Sp20 plate filed to size and attached with screw
and nut. I thought the donor plate was G. I am a moron. managed to tune it down
a minor 6th. thanks to Mox Gowland for answering my question on how much
one can tune up comfortably. I went to Pat Missin's site to learn how to
do a just tuning and found out he is able to tune down a whole octave
if he is careful and patient.

a restored LO-Hohner franken-chimera harp with beatless (to my novice ears)
 G and D chords is ready for gifting and completes my first just-tuned
experiment. Hope LO fans don't consider this a sacrilige cuz those gritty ET chords
seem part of that LO mystique. So pretty and well designed a harp.
wish it did it for me personally in terms of sound and OB/OD. But
I definitely wish someone had given me one of these things when I was
starting out. I am getting use of a starter electric guitar kit in exchange.

I refuse to open up the amplification can of worms right now as I am
just starting to get a handle on the harp mod side and all that stuff
looks like greek to me.

NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone.  Click here.
http://windowslive.com/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_MB_new_hotmail_072009