[Harp-L] Frank McCourt - Born in the USA

Frank McCourt's formative years were spent in Ireland.  But he was actually born in Brooklyn, New York.  They moved back to Ireland when he was still quite young.  He was made fun of for not looking like a movie star and for having an accent when he got there.  He had the Irish exile experience as a young man when he migrated . . . back to New York.  He died in Manhattan.  He is a true American in all the good ways and none of the bad.  But in his heart, I think he was always Irish.  I was so surprised to hear that he played the harmonica.  I am a teacher and I often use  the harmonica in class to transition my kids from one thing to another.  I teach second and third graders.  They love it and it is amazing how many of them start to show up with harmonicas.  Hopefully we are getting some future players out of that.  I'll miss Frank McCourts writing and speaking.  He really seems like a guy you could hang out with, have a good time, and bust out the harmonicas and play some old tunes.

Save on Moving Supplies. Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsO5ro12RzLwFztVgrh2PaLSV20wvtPNconlajBrsC6Q3X42sZ8Kly/