[Harp-L] Another interesting free music program

http://www.freedownloadaday.com/2009/07/16/calculate-the-tempo-of-your-songs-with-bpm-analyzer/

"Calculate the tempo of your songs with BPM Analyzer." No recommendation from me, just sending it along. Works with both Windows and Mac.

Web page copy:
Whether you like up-tempo music or prefer the slower stuff, you need to know how many beats per minute that new?or old?song has. Want to build a playlist of fast stuff? iTunes and other digital music players will let you keep track of the tempo of your various songs, but at some point you have to sit down and figure out just what exactly that number is for each of your tracks. Can you imagine hanging out with a stopwatch for hours?or days?counting beats? Neither can I.

BPM Analyzer by MixMeister can give you a hand with this daunting task. Just fire it up, open your audio files, or just drag-and-drop them onto this app, and you'll generate accurate listings of the number of beats per minute of your collection. You can update the ID3 tags in your music files directly from the tool, so there's no need for tedious and error-prone transcribing of this data. You can also generate reports and export this data to any other apps that can make use of it.

BPM Analyzer is free for non-commercial use. It's available for both Windows and Mac systems.