Re: [Harp-L] Popping Popper popping

Seems nobody addressed Dave Fertig's question about pulsing air with the tongue to play quick riffs. Don't know about Popper's technique, but years ago, Cham-Ber Huang demonstrated this technique for playing ultra-fast licks in classical music. Unlike folks such as Larry Adler who would liberally alter notes to better fit the harmonica and his style, Cham-Ber was always determined to play the notes as they were written. Tongue-pulsing air was one of his many tricks for accomplishing this. Don't think, however, that he got a rich tone with this technique.

David Naiditch