[Harp-L] Re: New Era of SPAH conventions

This isn't directed at SPAH or any one person. Just an emotional question.

Why the hell can't we get a SPAH convention on the East Coast??
Don't the East Coast clubs want to host it?
Columbus was the closest we came a few years ago. I was able to attend it because
I did the 9 hour drive from my house.

I've been a SPAH member for around 11 years. The location logistics make it difficult
to cough up a plane ticket and other travel expenses for 4 days in the midwest or west coast. I don't know how some of you
are able to afford to attend these every year. Frequent flyer miles? Gov't bailout money?

I know this came up in the past and a lot of us were glad to see SPAH in Columbus.
A few of us local players talked about going to the NJ convention now since Buckeye is no longer an option and
SPAH has mostly been out of our reach.

I would like to see the NJ or VA clubs host it sometime. Maybe even the new Md. club at some point.
Is it a volunteer issue with these club?

MIke