[Harp-L] re: east coast SPAH conventions

You hit it on the head my friend. There needs to be a local club in the
right area that has the volunteer power to handle the task. This year the
Harmonicoots are busting butt to make this all come together. Every year
that I have been coming to conventions (this is my 6th in 7 years) the local
clubs work hard to make things happen. The entire SPAH "system" is based
upon volunteers. Minnesota stepped up to the plate and made their pitch.
Then the executive branch (Pres., vp etc) takes a trip to scout the area to
find the appropriate venue. I have learned a lot this first year being
involved. You wouldn't believe how many hours of phone time and loads of
emails I have logged in the last 6 months. The only reason I do it is
because I love the harp and the people who play it! This is the most fun I
have had making no money in my 51 years on this planet!

WB

--
Warren "Bee" Bachman
SPAH Publicity Director