From: 46long Blake <46long@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Percussion for Acoustic Blues Duo
To: "Michelle LeFree" <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 7:05 PM

OK. It takes WAY more guts and humility than I have, but my guitarist (I'm
in an acoustic duo) duct tapes a maraca (sp?) to one foot, and a small stick
tambourine to his other foot, and also sometimes has an old cigar box that
he stomps on with a flat surface mic inside. We call it "happy feet," and a
picture can be found here:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=44147098&albumId=150584

It sounds (and kinda looks) dorky, and awkward, and it is, and yet it has
made a huge amount of difference in our live groove and, as a result, a huge
difference in the number of women who get up and dance......which makes
people stay longer and drink more beer....which makes the club owner
happy....which gets us hired again....and so forth.

I also will play tambourine on a song or two, but have any of you tried
soloing with one hand while keeping time with a tambourine in the other?!?!?

- Blake

--
http://www.myspace.com/46long
http://www.46long.com