Re: [Harp-L] SPAH

Some folks are throwing around suggestions and forgetting that there must be a strong harmonica club based there. The Frederick MD club is doing very well and they are close to the whole Baltimore/DC area which provides a big selection of airports to fly into. So maybe they could do something.

Virginia would be great too, perhaps due to Hohner's presence there they could take over the functions of the local harmonica club in organizing it? They are already a big sponsor. But I guess this would not go over well with Seydel, etc.

I could also see SPAH not wanting to step on the Garden State's yearly festival as well. Having SPAH anywhere near NJ would certainly affect their attendance at the GSHC event.

My other big problem with SPAH is that it's in the summer, when it's already hard for some folks to get time off, it's peak travel time as well, and also consumes some of that valuable too short nice weather time for those of us above the mason dixon line. Soooo, how about a place that should have all the ingredients - Florida - but doing it in the fall or early spring when we shouldn't have to worry too much about weather disrupting everyone's travel? In addition to a variety of locations can't we have a little variety on when the conference is? That is also a limiting factor for some no matter where you have it, they just can't go during the summer, and hence allow more folks that otherwise could never make it.

Bill Hines