[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 71, Issue 121

Grant Walters <grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> asked:

assume with Diatonic harp) while using a string of effects. (POG
included)(I am not my best on Chromatic or Echo)
.
Simple Question...
Is anyone using a device...one only please, that would get a tweed amp
sound and combine  the B3 with Leslie sound or could also provide cool
Accordion sound.
One could just play straight though to the P.A..

Grant, I picked up on trying to get this B3 sound after doing a gig with
Cary Bell years ago in which he had incorporated it into his show.
I went looking and finally settled on a Korg G4 Rotary Speaker Simulator.
Slows up and down like a Leslie cabinet with the pedal, has a spread
effect to simulate the speakers spread on stage. Very good sound, have
even recorded with it on a couple albums.

I also use the Leslie sound out of a Line 6 POD, but find the effect there
not as convincing. Both work well directly into the PA, the Korg is better.

Bill Otten