Re: [Harp-L] RE: Little Guys Going Belly Up?!

On Jul 30, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Robert Coble wrote:

I have no idea how big or small Coast-to-Coast Music is as a business. I personally do not care one way or the other; their business size is none of MY business. I CAN attest that I have never had anything but outstanding service on every order I have ever placed.

Coast 2 coast are SO good that I once received an order even BEFORE I had placed it. :)

I count John Watts and Doug Puls among my friends, having met them several years ago at the VA Harmonica Fest. They are good people. I would hate for someone to hurt their business through blanket generalizations.

Here's a thought. What about a business where they care enough that when you call, they actually RECOGNIZE who you are? I mean, you start talking, and by the words you use, the talk that you talk, your inflections, your accent, the way you put words together, they KNOW who you are. Either that, or in my case, I'm such an odd-ball. lolol

You don't get that with the big guys. I had that with Best Li'l Harp House, coast 2 coast, the 'original Harp Depot (when they were in Indiana). In fact, and here's where I find it amusing,...I had it with anyone named John.

If you don't like a particular business's practices, don't buy from them; simple, really. If you have consistently bad service from a particular business, then vote with your pocketbook, and then address that particular business.

I use something I like to call boycott. :)

Standard disclaimers: I have absolutely NO business affiliation with C2C other than as a VERY SATISFIED customer!

Respectfully,Crazy (about all things C2C!) Bob

Funny story. I was once at a fest and purchased 4 new spl-20s. I toss my harps every 15.88 years. Whether they need it or not. The only exceptions are: 1...prize. 2...sentimental value. ( I have one of each of these). Aaaanyway, I handed my card to the man and he messed around for 12.9 minutes and still didn't finish the sale. I told him I would be back and went to my room for something.
My room was down a long corridor, up some steps (or elevator) down another long corridor, a right turn, down another long corridor. In other words, my trip was roughly in the shape of the letter W. I was at the back of the hotel (in another township). I know because my friends Danny Gajovsky and Elizabeth were at the OTHER end of the hotel in a DIFFERENT township.
Aaaanyway, after an 8.6 minute trip Each way, I returned and the man STILL wasn't finished with the sales voucher. So I sez "I'm going outside to have a ciggie". Now I roll my own and they don't burn down in 4 minutes, so after 6 minutes and half a ciggie, I returned. By the time I counted up the time, it took 43.9 minutes to do this order.
Soooo, if I were paying someone miniumum wage, it would take $5.72 to do this deal. I thought this was hilarious. How DOES one make a living this way?

smo-joe