Re: [Harp-L] Harp Depot

I think these periodic discussions on harp suppliers are great, but they point up the up-and-down nature of things. As the current discussion makes clear, some of these stores'll be great for a while, then iffy or worse, then great again. As we all know, there can be many reasons for this, but it's becoming clear that just because someone is giving lousy service in the summer doesn't mean it's a permanent condition, and vice versa.

In fact, whenever I read a thumbs up or down, you can pretty sure there will be a flurry of emails about the opposite experience with a store six months ago. So....

It's highly likely that they all read harp-l, especially when the name of their store is in the subject line. Therefore, I would like to suggest the following way to incentivize them to give good service:

When a Harpler has a good experience with one of the online stores of ANY size, consider making a short post here with the subject line:

Good Experience With Coast 2 Coast

or whatever store did well.

'Bad Experience' subject lines would also be valuable. If this idea were to take root, then it would incentivize the stores to keep up the good work, or to shape up. Someone's ALWAYS going to defend a store that has fallen down on service. I think those discussions are nearly valueless, that the real value is in the simple terse statement in the subject line, because it'll reward the (current) good guys with more customers, and get the slackers off their keisters.

Let's use our power as a big group to get treated well.