[Harp-L] Will Scarlett

He can be heard doing it here:
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/hot-tuna-concert/48815-2942.html

Hot Tuna from 1970. Seems like it´s all on a G harp.
  Can´t really say that it sounds good, a bit off pitch, but that just proves that already back in 1970 it was tough making it all on one harp.

Martin

Will Scarlett was using overblows consistently and in a controlled way as early as 1968, when he waxed a couple of albums with Hot Tuna using only a G-harp fgor all tunes. When I met him in 1974, he was using the technique, called it "overblowing," and taught me how to do it.

Will is a careful, shadowing-around-the-edges kind of player, who never sought nor received the kind of attention later given to Howard Levy. But he conducted the first investigations into how it works inside the harmonica, and even invented
the responder reed idea on which the XB-40 harmonica is based.

Winslow Yerxa