[Harp-L] In Memoriam: Jack Ely

  I met Jack last year at the Buckeye Harmonica
  Festival. Phil Caltabelotta and I were coming down
  the elevator when he asked me if I happened to know
  a dentist in Columbus. Apparently he had a splinted
  tooth and he needed to get it fixed before his gig
  that same evening. As we came out, we ran into Jack
  and asked him if he could help Phil. Jack picked up
  his phone and called his dentist to help Phil out.
  Within minutes Phil was well on his way and later
  came back for his gig. was super. We both saw Jack's
  magnanimous persona. He and I talked at length about
  cultures and how harmonica brought us all together.

  In memory of Jack, who was (is) an inspiration to
  all, I propose that (a) we keep this thread alive
  through the upcoming Festival; and (b) name the next
  custom harp after him- "Ely Harp". Jack is still
  with us in spirit.

  Peace to the Family

www.myspace.com/harpdad