[Harp-L] Toots/Howard

Randy writes:

>my memory is clear that toots was VERY
>unhappy to be performing especially with
>howard. He mentioned it to me in passing and
>confidence that night.

This all happened at Chris Michalek's summit, not SPAH. The tension between Toots and Howard at the performance was obvious from where I sat in the audience. If I recall correctly, Toots tried to horse around a little near the end of their set to cut the tension and ended up dropping or knocking one of Howard's harmonicas to the stage. What could have been a historic and musically incredible occasion turned out pretty awful. I remember wincing a lot.

Chris, a good friend of mine, told me a number of things about the meet-up of the two giants in confidence (including some juicy details about their rehearsal in Toots's hotel room), but since he told me these things in confidence I do not feel at liberty to share them here.

George