[Harp-L] Re: Any SPAH Stories to Share?

Hey Gang,
I'm Javier from Chile and have been to 3 SPAHs already (plus the Summit in Minneapolis) and I think I have many stories to tell, first consider that I'm probably the luckiest harmonica fan in Chile because I've been able follow this addiction, spending more money than I should but let me tell you, it worthed every single penny, my first one was Spah'99, then 2006 and then last year. I don't know if there is another place where you can have this magical event where you make almost instant friends, and friends for a lifetime I dare to say, I met Michael Polesky, we've share rooms, he even was sharing with me a very difficult time regarding a personal situation, and many others. In the beginning my main goal was to learn, try to get to every single workshop, but last year was to enjoy, hang around, I missed some workshops but man, drinking some chilean liquor with David Barret, with Seteve Baker, having lunch with Joe Filisko, talking to Madcat, Jason Ricci, jamming with Brendan Power, getting to know other crazy for the harmonica guys and finest players in the world, Warren Bee, Jimi Lee, Dennis Gruenling, Buzz, Elizabeth, Hal, Winslow, Bob Cohen, Bobbie Giordano, David, the Budha, etc. and many others, so yes SPAH is magical.
So would I do it again? travelling more than 15 hrs? yes for sure! and I will! now I moved from Chile to Germany for some time, and really wanted to go, and luckily again (I have my angel, definitely), due to traveling and accumulated miles and being very persuasive and insisting almost every day for more than a month I managed to get the tickets to California!
So guys see you there,
Javier.
http://www.harpingmidi.com