[Harp-L] Taj Mahal & Bonnie Raitt play The Tonight Show, kicking off tour

For any Taj Mahal fans out there, he along with Bonnie Raitt are teaming up on a cross-country venture dubbed "The BonTaj Roulet Tour" that will kick off in August. To spread the word, they dropped by The Tonight Show (now upgraded with the brilliant Conan O'Brien) last Tuesday to play one of my all time favorites, She Caught the Katy (And Left Me a Mule to Ride). Taj belted out the vocals with great spirit and danced around the stage in fine showmanship antics. However, I must confess to wincing when the harp came out. Either I fell victim to recordingitis, or time has taken its toll. His tone was tinny and the bends were off (you could even see him wincing--through his shades at that!)  But the guy is a legend who's given us masterpieces that will live on forever. Hopefully the younger generations (said by an elderly 32 year old) will appreciate his genius and the music behind it.

Ansel