[Harp-L] Etruscan Soul (Rob Paparozzi) review

ROB is one of the most versatile and sought after harmonica players today.

Lingering long too far in the background, Rob has finally stepped out and released his first CD Etruscan Soul.

It is hard to determine my favorite cuts because they all feature first class production and musicianship.

Rob, arguably one of the most recorded harmonica players, utilized his "favor" card and called upon the creme of the crop of session musicians to accomplish his role as "the man with the harmonica".

If I had to choose, my favorite cuts would be------

TICKET TO RIDE for the sheer joy and Beatle tribute factor. Great idea to do it as a shuffle. I bet everyone dances when he does it live.

MONKEY AROUND-- I call it three and a half minutes of pure joy and perfection. That is what you get when you marry a great song with a great lyric, with a great band and killer vocals and harmonica, Even the intro is pure rock and roll heaven. Even without the over the top amazing energy of phoebe snow, this track would still smoke the lens of your cd player.

KEEP IT SIMPLE.... So simple.........so bluesy.......makes the inner KEB MO quite happy.

and drum roll.............my least favorite song is my most favorite PEG OF MY HEART!!!!!!!!
I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.......but i hate that he only does 47 seconds of it. He recreates the vintage sound, like an old 78 record.......and beautiful interplay between the piano and vocal. Rob breathes new life into the old warhorse, PEG OF MY HEART. I want to hear more of this!!!!!!!!

BUT THEN AGAIN. that is what rob does best......he walks into the room and immediately the sun comes out. He makes every situation a brighter and more joyous event. He is hired to bring out the best in the harmonica, in himself and in every session and in everyone he meets.

Consider me one of the Rob Paparozzi's fan club members.

His love, enthusiasm, humor and overall personality reminds me of some of the best qualities that pete pedersen had. Rob, maybe you can host some events one day, hint, hint. The new dean of the harmonica.

ALL IN ALL , a great record from a great man, I wish I could say it in Italian, you made your father proud.

Sincerely,

randy singer in miami.