Re: [Harp-L] JR hits Telluride Blues Fest

Reading about Bonnie & Taj reminded me of something I have been meaning to mention on the L.

Turns out Bonnie & Taj are amongst the headliners at the Telluride Blues & Brews festival coming up in September. Even though I am a died-in-the-wool Taj fan and I love Bonnie Raitt, what I'm really excited about this year is the fact that Jason Ricci & New Blood are headlining right along with 'em! To my way of thinking, the TBBF is the ~big time~. They are very picky about the acts they feature, usually listing top-rung acts like The Allman Brothers (or this year, Joe Cocker, Taj & Bonnie), but they also have a reputation for doing their homework and inviting the most exciting up and coming acts. Clearly, that's where JR & New Blood fit in. The TBBF has proven to be a springboard for rising talent to big time exposure, so get redy to say you knew Jason Ricci et al way back when!

BTW if you feel like attending a terrific blues festival at what is arguably the most picturesque concert venue extant (9,000' in altitude, surrounded by rugged peaks and waterfalls), now is the time to reserve camping space and "Juke Joint" tickets. One of the really cool things that the TBBF does is arrange "Juke Joints" where the main stage acts appear at night in the various bars around town. A great opportunity to catch a stadium-size act in an intimate venue. They hadn't listed the Juke Joint acts last I looked, but my hopes are high that Jason and New Blood get a chance to burn the historic mining town down! (The last big act to do that was when the Butch Cassidy gang robbed the bank - a true story!)

See telluridebluesdotcom for details.

Lemme know if any of you L'ers decide to go. I live an hour away and can offer guidance for attending the festival and the maximizing your enjoyment of the various amazing things to see and do while in the heart of the San Juan Range of the Rocky Mountains. Even if you don't come give Jason a pat on the back for hitting it big at the TBBF!

Michelle (who is only a happy TBBF "camper")