[Harp-L] NYC: Workshop with Miguel Weissman !!

Dear Harp-L members.

The Brooklyn Harmonica Club has the pleasure to announce that Miguel Weissman will honor us with a workshop.

Miguel is undoubtedly one of the best harp players in the NY area, and an accomplished composer, producer, arranger, and sound expert to boot. He has a vast repertoire of music styles - hard core blues, jazz, folk, swing, funk, electronica, contemporary, and unclassifiable fusion of various styles. In addition to the harmonica, diatonic and chromatic, he has studied sax, flute and keyboard. He has been part of the NY scene for decades, worked with Michael Powers, Sting, Moose & The Bulletproof Blues Band, The Second Fiddles and The Cangelosi Cards, composed for various artists, movies and theater and taught students of all levels. He has also wrote a book on the harp, and we've seen him many a times rock an entire dance bar, not something too many players can pull off. It would be a real privilege to have him share with us his knowledge and expertise.

Here is some samples of Miguel's work: http://www.miguelweissman.com

You can hear him play here with the The Cangelosi Cards (the sound quality isn't the greatest, but gives you the idea): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWES6v3esg4&feature=related

If you're committed to learning and moving on to the next level, he can show you how to get there - from any level.

The workshop will focus on improving tone though expanding breathing, understanding how the tongue and mouth cavity are essential to tone, incorporating music theory and ear training for the harmonica so you can learn a phrase in detail, bend to proper pitch, and much more. The ultimate goal would be to learn skills so that you will be able to teach yourself. The workshop will include many exercises you can and should incorporate into your daily practice.

The workshop will probably last around 3-4 hours and individual attention will be provided to everyone in the group, so students will improve their skills based on their individual needs.

As we have done in the past, the workshop will be free, but we'll pass the hat and ask for at least $25. Considering the time and effort, this is bargain. Comparable workshops can easily run $50-75 and more.

Please contact me offlist for time, date, and location.

Zvi Aranoff

Brooklyn Harmonica Club