[Harp-L] Train Train Blackfoot (Abner Blueseyes)

Hi Abner,
I send you a post for Train Train off-list, but for the "cheap and nasty"
-but effective take on a train chug, try tongue articulation.

Put the harp down, and practice saying Taka Dah Taka DAh Taka Dah Taka Dah,
when breathing out, then while breathing back in.
(To digress, my Mother in Law taught me that it's possible to speak without
a gap by using the in-breath to speak as well... honest, an unstoppable flow
of Finnish).
When you've got the Taka Dah easily flowing, just put the harp in front of
your mouth and breathe the same phase repeatedly through the harp.
It works well on many pieces, especially Jethro Tull's Locomotive Breath,
where you can use all draw, (you feel like a bursting balloon) and then blow
for the "whistle" sound, which can be achieved covering holes 3 to 8-9 to
let all the air out.
(Heard that train in Selma many years ago and never forgotten it)

Best Regards, Geoff Atkins