Re: [Harp-L] amp comparison

Yes, it sounded like that amp was local and maybe Chris Richards' or whatever. He didn't fly with it I'm sure, that much should be obvious to anyone given the chance of damage, the cost of baggage these days, yada yada. I don't think you were saying why did he fly with it, just asking why didn't he use a local Cruncher. As you know, the logistics for these events can be complicated, maybe someone offered up the twin or he said one or the other, you can't be too picky in these cases, even Charlie.

It also sounds like you're trying to poke the bear (again), Rick. I don't understand the vendetta, but whatever, maybe it's personal.

I think my Cruncher might be 41 lbs.

Rick Davis wrote:
I don't understand.  The Fender Red Knob Twin weighs in at a hefty 77 lbs,
about 40 more lbs. than the Cruncher.  Why would Charlie Musselwhite use the
heavier Twin when he has to fly to a gig?

The Twin sounded great.  Charlie didn't use any pedals; cable straight into
the amp.  It was not Fendery clean, as you might expect. I'm not sure what
mic he was playing.  It was a red bullet mic with a volume control sticking
out of the back.  You can see pictures of him playing the amp and mic at my
Blues Harp Amps Blog. www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com

-Rick Davis
 <http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/