Re: [Harp-L] Youtube - Sunny by Bobby Hebb

Richard Hunter wrote

"Interesting. Some of the keys obviously work better than others in terms of pitch. That's to be expected. Even Howard Levy switches harps."

It's still a work in progress, my Fm and F#m scales are not yet "finished" to be worked out (It'll never be for sure), but I still think that it's playable and can be pretty on on C harmonica

"What are you using for the envelope filter effect?"

I'm using an auto-wha, within GarageBand the Apple software.

"That's a useful way to disguise and even out the attacks of bent/ overblown/natural pitches."

What I've learned from amplification is that it's more amplifying the defect of a player than hiding them . I've used the Auto-Wha for 2 reasons: 1st this is the kind of effect that JJ Milteau was using when he played this song the 1st time I've seen him on stage. The 2nd one is that I find it nice and funky, I've done other videos very less difficult to play and I was using this....(and of course I can refer you to the Bach concerto I've made or the Harmonica Versus Bass video on my youtube, both are completely acoustic with the only reverb effect ).....

"Christelle, are you worried that someone is going to come after you for royalties on all the pieces you're posting to YouTube? With over a million hits, might get some of that kind of attention. It's why I don't post other people's tunes to YouTube."

I'm not worried about that since I've actually bought the backing tracks and if someone is asking something to pay for some of my video, then the negotiation will interest me and the individual.

Richard thanks for your feedback anyay

Christelle Berthon

Official website : http://www.christelleharpqueen.net http://www.youtube.com/christellester http://www.myspace.com/christelleberthon